Monday, February 27, 2023

A Special Post Dedicated to Amy's Mom And Special Memories


Memories


Today is the 11th anniversary of my Mom's passing, just six months after Jeff and I were married. We weren't sure if my mom was going to be able to attend our wedding in August of 2011. She was a very sick woman. 

Mom had end-stage COPD and all of its complications. The photo below is very dear to me. It was taken just moments before me walking down the aisle, just before our moms went into the sanctuary. 

On the left is my "second" mom, Jeff's mom. In the wheelchair is my mom. This is a bittersweet photo because it shows just how aware my second mom is that my mom wasn't going to be on this earth for much longer. My smile shows how unabashedly happy I was that my mom could be there for a moment in time I'm sure she thought would never happen... my marriage to a man who has my heart for life. 

You can see a shadow of happiness in my mom's expression. It was all she could manage through the mind-numbing weariness and pain that this vicious disease causes. She was able to stay for the ceremony, and she managed to stay just long enough for photos afterward, but my dad whisked her home right after that. 

That was in August of 2011. Jeff and I felt something (or someone) was leading us down to Florida and we moved in November 2011. My mom passed away on February 27th of 2012 at home surrounded by my brothers and sister and my dad. I wasn't able to be there. 

Jeff's mom just turned 100 years old on the 25th of this month. 

Please feel free to enjoy the memories of our wedding and honeymoon in the above video! Have a blessed day, everyone.



No comments:

Post a Comment

YouTube and Photography... We are Our Crazy RV Life

Welcome to Our Crazy RV Life! Wow! We have been full-time RVers for more than three years! Where has the time gone?  We began this Crazy RV ...