Thursday, March 2, 2023

It's Been a Difficult Couple of Days

Wow. I had just posted about the anniversary of my mom's passing a few days ago, mentioning that my Mom-In-Love (Jeff's mom) had just turned 100 years young. This was her,  last year, with her new great-grandbaby, our great-nephew.



We received word on Tuesday evening of her passing. We mourn for our own loss, not for her, because we know that she's in the embrace of our Lord. 

She lived a very full life in those 100 years. As someone mentioned to us in their condolences to us, she was "a very lively woman." I don't think she ever met a stranger, because it seemed she could strike up a conversation with just about anyone. 

I remember when Jeff and I started dating. It wasn't long before I was going to church with him and his mom! I was embraced wholeheartedly by her, and the church, from the beginning! 

I will always treasure the weekly lunch dates she and I had while Jeff and I still lived near her. Oh, how I have missed those conversations over shared meals! Her stories were always full of life and, most of the time, laughter. 

She became a second mom to me early in the relationship between Jeff and me. Because of my own mom's chronic illness, she did a lot of the wedding planning with me. I truly hope that she knew how special to me she was. She will always have a place in my heart. 

We love you, Mom, and will miss you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

YouTube and Photography... We are Our Crazy RV Life

Welcome to Our Crazy RV Life! Wow! We have been full-time RVers for more than three years! Where has the time gone?  We began this Crazy RV ...